AYAM - Art Museum
Check us out on Facebook to see all the fun at AYAM
An Innovative Learning Environment
Cultural Advantages for the Community
Spring Branch Independent School District has built an art museum that is one of the most innovative learning environments and community resources in the United States.
AYAM houses a collection of art and artifacts valued at more than $2,000,000.00, comprising over 600 works from around the world. There are so many ways to be part of the AYAM experience.
AYAM 2020 Campaign
Donate Today to AYAM's 2020 Campaign. It's a powerful way to support arts education in our local community!
Experience the World of Art
The Altharetta Yeargin Art Museum collects, exhibits and interprets the art of world cultures in all mediums and periods.
AYAM strives to be both meaningful and relevant to all grade levels and areas of academia through its exhibits and programs and offers learning opportunities and cultural advantages to the entire community in order to enrich the educational and cultural environment of Spring Branch.
Study Trips, Road Shows and First Saturdays
AYAM's events are always fun and educational!
- Study trips to the museum are scheduled for all second graders from the 25 elementary schools in SBISD for the fall.
- A Road Show for first graders featuring works from the museum will be offered to all SBISD elementary schools in the spring.
- The first Saturday of the month we host "First Saturday" Open Houses.
- During the summer kids 4-11 join us for Tall Tales and Art.
- Fall and Spring Workshops are also offered for adults. Ranging from basket weaving to "How to look at a piece of art".
Funding for these programs has been provided by the Spring Branch Education Foundation, Mid-America Arts Alliance, the First Junior Woman's Club of Houston, and our wonderful museum members.