****Effective July 1, 2019 the Special Education Department will have a couple new fax numbers. The new fax numbers are listed below. Should you ever have a question you may always contact the main Special Education Department phone number at 713-251-1700. ****
Special Education Main Fax Number: 713-251-9112
Special Education Records Fax Number: 713-251-9135
Learning Opportunities that Lead to Student Success
The goal of Spring Branch ISD is to provide quality educational experiences that prepare students for post-secondary success. The Special Education Department provides support and resources to schools that enable campus staff to meet the unique needs of students with disabilities and provide meaningful learning opportunities.
To receive special education services, students from age 3 through 21, must meet eligibility requirements as a student with auditory impairment, autism, deaf-blindness, emotional disturbance, intellectual disability, non-categorical early-childhood, orthopedic impairment, other health impairment, specific learning disability, speech or language impairment, traumatic brain injury or visual impairment and as a result, require specially designed instruction to benefit educationally.
Special education is an integral part of the total instructional program of the district. Spring Branch ISD provides a full continuum of services to meet the needs of eligible students that allows access to general education instruction with non-disabled peers to the maximum extent appropriate for each student.
To learn more about the referral process or discuss concerns, we encourage you to contact your child’s home campus or the Special Education Department at 713-251-1700.
- TEA’s Strategic Plan and Second Draft of the Corrective Action Plan Posted
- Texas A&M Coach To Communicate (C2C) Free Parent Coaching
- The Hobby Center for the Performing Arts Sensory Friendly Series
- Parent Coordination Network Shout Out - November
- Parent Coordination Network Shout Out - December
Texans can provide commentary on the second draft of the TEA Strategic Plan and the Corrective Action Plan which will be finalized and submitted to the federal government by April 18, 2018.
Proposed Draft Special Education Improvement Plan
- Go to: https://tea.texas.gov/TexasSPED/. Scroll down, click to review the updated draft and find the link to provide specific comments.
- Feedback (to the first draft) was aggregated and used to create the second draft plan posted for public comment. It is important to note that the current draft plan not only addresses the federally required corrective actions, but also describes proposed improvements to how TEA supports LEAs in the effective implementation of special education requirements (Strategic Plan).
- Link to Draft Special Education Improvement Plan and Corrective Action Response - March 19, 2018
- The public is invited to provide specific comments on the current proposed draft Special Education Improvement Plan in writing by emailing to [email protected]. TEA will aggregate the feedback received before sending a final version to OSEP by April 18, 2018.