Every day we plan, practice and play to win. But that is not our purpose. Our purpose is our mission.
Our mission is to transform lives through the power of sport: one student-athlete, one team, one community at a time.
We believe our charge is to:
- Build on the strengths and gifts of each student-athlete and coach.
- Provide every student in the system with competitive opportunities and quality experiences.
- Instill, in every student, the belief that they can achieve more than they think possible.
- Develop the mindset that every adult in our program is responsible for and committed to providing a foundation for all the student-athletes in our care so that they successfully complete some form of higher education.
Our Goals for 2019-2020:
- Work to gain organization clarity within the program surrounding our mission, beliefs, action plan, duties, job descriptions and processes to advance the work of our department.
- Create an assessment instrument for our coaches that can be used to provide critical feedback regarding their strengths and areas of improvement.
In 2019-20, the four comprehensive high schools will compete in a wide range of sports that are offered by the University Interscholastic League.
Students at Westchester Academy for International Studies who wish to participate in athletics will compete in the athletic programs located at the high school to which they are zoned residentially.
Memorial High School, Northbrook High School, Spring Woods High School, and Stratford High School will compete at the 6A level in District 17-6A for all sports except swimming which will be in District 14-6A.
Spring Branch ISD Athletics has a history of competitive success and has claimed 16 state team championships over all as a school district. The first state team championship was won in Boys Track and Field by Spring Branch High School in 1966-67. Since then, SBISD teams have won state team championships in Boys Swimming, Boys Basketball, Football, Boys Cross Country, Team Tennis and Girls Soccer.
If you have any questions regarding Spring Branch ISD athletics, please contact the SBISD Department of Athletics or the Campus Athletic Director at your High School.
In 2019-2020, the seven traditional middle schools will field teams in football, volleyball, basketball, cross-country, track and field, and soccer.
Middle school contests occur at all of the stadiums in the district, in middle school gyms, at high school track and field facilities, and middle school soccer fields.
If you have any questions regarding Spring Branch ISD athletics, please contact the SBISD Department of Athletics or the Campus Athletic Coordinator at your Middle School.