Requests for Media
Information to be released to the local news media can be directed to the Communications Department via e-mail at [email protected] or by phone at 713-251-2465.
If you have a suggestion or idea for a news release, please provide as much information about the activity or event as possible to [email protected]. Be sure to include a contact name and number. If photos of students are included, please ensure the students have proper media releases on file.
Press releases regarding school activities, events and/or student/staff achievements are sent to local media, including, but not limited to, local TV stations, radio, magazines and/or newspapers.
SBISD is dedicated to providing all students with a safe, learning environment without unnecessary interruptions. The following guidelines are in effect at all district campuses and facilities:
- All media inquiries should be directed to the Communications Department.
- The Communications Department should be contacted immediately when a representative of the media visits a campus. If the media visits a SBISD site without prior approval from the Communications Department, he or she should be asked to leave and sent to the Communications Department.
- Media personnel may be allowed on campus to interview staff or students during the school day with approval from the Communications Department and appropriate notification to and permission from the campus or building administrator. Cameras/reporters will not be allowed into the classroom or on the campus unless the classroom teacher and/or appropriate staff members have been notified and it is determined that such a visit will not be disruptive to the learning environment.
- Photographs or video may be taken by the media at the discretion of the SBISD Community Relations Officer/Communications Director. All students who are being interviewed, photographed and/or videotaped must have proper media releases on file before media arrives on campus.
- The Communications Director will be the official spokesperson for SBISD. A Communications staff will serve as media's point of contact when on campuses.