Why do we have grading expectations?
The principal purpose of the grading and reporting of student progress is to engage educators, students, and parents in the process of increasing student achievement.
Parents shall be provided any relevant information concerning their child that will enhance their understanding of the child’s ability, effort, success, or progress in the school program.
- EL Instructional Accommodations Checklist – Fillable
- English Language Development Progress Monitoring Form
- English Language Development Progress Monitoring sample
Grade Reporting & Conferences
- Book Leveling Chart
- Cognitive Strategy Use Rubric
- Grade Level Expectations
- Oral or Silent Reading Rubric-Sample
- Reading Comprehension Grading Rubric
PreK & K
Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS)
The SBISD elementary and secondary program follows the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS) and Guidelines approved by the State Board of Education.
Students are required to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to read, write, compute, problem solve, think critically, apply technology, and communicate across all subject areas.